A nice beginner friendly area with a huge number of blocs.
Posted on Sun 7 Mar 2021
Why should you go bouldering in Franchard Isatis?
- The best place for beginners
- Super accessible and easy to move around blocs
- There are an incredible number of blue, orange, yellow and red blocs, all very close, making it a great spot if you are a group with people climbing different levels
- Grades/colors are not severe, once again a good confidence booster! :)
- There is a good mix of slab and overhangs
- The blocs are quite short, making them not scary
How to get there and around
What should you watch out for?
- During the weekends it can get very crowded, not only of climbers but also of families doing picnics or people chilling on hammocks
- It’s not as wild and immersed in vegetation as many other places