Find out more about the La Calvaire sector in Fontainebleau.
Posted on Sun 7 Mar 2021
Why should you go bouldering in La Calvaire?
- It’s a 10min bike ride followed by a 5min climb up a hill to reach the spot
- It’s beginner friendly
- Plenty of yellows, oranges and blues!
- Awesome place for non-climbers to chill and hang out. Can go hiking as well since it is bang on one of the blue hiking sentiers
- Nice spot close to the cross ‘La Calvaire’ with a good view of Fonty
What should you watch out for in La Calvaire?
- Some areas are quite narrow between rocks, with a hiking path meandering through the blocs, so be careful of hikers passing by!
- It can be tricky to lay a crashpad in some narrow spots, be careful!
- It’s a very accessible spot, so you’ll often find a lot of people here. Some routes have become a little polished as a result