Why should you go bouldering in Bas Cuvier?
- Huge area, one of the classic ones that made the forest famous
- You park the car right where the boulders start, making it perfect for a quick round before class :)
- Only 10 min drive from campus
- There are A LOT of blue blocs, making it a great spot for people climbing this level. Some nice ones are just 10 meters from the car!
- Here you can find some classic boulders that all famous climbers come and see, such as Marie Rose (6a - very polished!) or the easier, but still very interesting, La Borniol (5+, but tall and polished!). You can find many videos on YouTube with the betas of these famous lines.
How to get there and around
What should you watch out for?
- Not beginner friendly
- Don’t go on weekends, it gets super crowded
- Some of the blocs are very polished, since this is one of the most climbed spots of the forest
- Some grades are particularly severe here, so don’t get too pissed off if you have an hard time climbing an orange bloc