Trois Pignons: Fontainebleau bouldering spots
A great spot for those bouldering at the blue level.
Posted on Sun 7 Mar 2021 · Climbing destinations
Why should you go bouldering in Trois Pignons?
- In our opinion is the best spot for people climbing at the blue level (among the ones we went to!)
- It’s quite beginner friendly, even if there are definitely more blues than yellows
- The place is huge and beautiful, with sandy floor making it super comfortable for picnics and great views of the forest
- The grades are not so severe, so it’s a good confidence booster :)
- The rock quality is great, with blocs not very polished (even the easier ones)
- On the way back you can stop at the Creperie in Barbizon ;)
How to get there and around
- 30min drive and then 15min walk, but it’s worth it!
- First Bloc GPS
What should you watch out for?
- On week ends it can get crowded, especially of hikers and families. There are so many blocs that is rarely an issue for climbing, but you may not be able to find a car park and you will see many people around
- It’s somewhat a long drive with respect to most other places in this guide, so get there if you have plenty of time
- It’s hard to meet people there since the area is so huge, so try to meet your friends in Fonty or at the car park